- What changes were introduced in the Chronic Care Act?
- What principles should guide implementation of new benefits?
This resource provides guidelines for implementing Special Supplemental Benefits for the Chronically Ill (SSBCI) in a manner that improves health care for chronically ill Medicare beneficiaries.
- The 2018 CHRONIC Care Act allows Medicare Advantage plans to pay for services that are not primarily health-related.
- These changes require new principles to guide implementation in a way that will effectively meet individual needs.
- The principles outlined in this guide are that SSBCI reflect individual needs; are clear, understandable, equitable, manageable and sustainable; and evolve with continuous learning and improvement.