Technical Assistance Tool
This resource highlights a variety of prevention-focused programs, initiatives and strategies (plays) focused on the opioid use epidemic.
- The resource describes 11 plays that are supported by evidence or by expert opinion as helpful in preventing opioid use disorders. Examples include: remove the stigma; reduce the use of opioids for pain mitigation; and reduce the supply of opioids from illegitimate sources.
- The plays are synopsized, along with additional relevant data about them, including the results of evaluations (where available) and links to resources to obtain further information.
- The playbook also provides background and context relating to the epidemic, as well as insights into why multi-sector collaboration, interoperability, and information-sharing are critical to efforts to combat the crisis.
Posted to The Playbook on
People with Behavioral Health and Social Needs
Key Questions Answered
- What are some effective strategies to combat the opioid use epidemic?
- What is the evidence for their effectiveness?
- What are some general elements that are key to a comprehensive approach to addressing the crisis?