- What are some state-level approaches to establishing and supporting complex care programs?
- What lessons have emerged from these programs?
- What are the details of the programs?
This resource provides guidance for state leaders in establishing and advancing complex care programs.
- Since 2013, the National Governors Association Center for Best Practices (NGA Center) Health Division has worked with 10 states and one territory, providing technical assistance to develop state-level solutions for complex care populations.
- Alignment across state and local initiatives is essential for developing care delivery and payment strategies, creating efficiencies, and simplifying consumer engagement.
- A data-driven approach is the cornerstone of successful, sustainable programs, from identifying the target population to monitoring progress.
- It’s crucial to bring in the right people early and engage them in implementation.