- What are the key components of CHRONIC Care Act?
- How does this law fit in with the move toward value-based care?
This resource provides a summary of key components of the Creating High-Quality Results and Outcomes Necessary to Improve Chronic (CHRONIC) Care Act, which was passed and signed on February 9, 2018. The law addresses three aspects of care for Medicare and dually eligible beneficiaries:
- It encourages use of flexible new tools and strategies to better manage care for individuals with complex needs.
- It protects and builds on key programs serving individuals with complex care needs.
- It signals the importance of care coordination and integration for Special Needs Plans (SNPs). The law requires SNPs to better integrate care by creating unified plans for dually eligible individuals.