This resource collects the most innovative initiatives in Medicaid managed care that emerge each year.
- Health plans submit their best practices for consideration of inclusion in this exclusive publication.
- The best practices in this year’s publication address important health care topics, including psychiatric care, social determinants of health, and substance use disorders.
- The innovations are divided into five categories: behavioral health, long-term care and transitions of care, children’s health, and oral health. For each category, a winner is selected.
- Examples of selected programs include support services to mentally ill homeless people who were formerly incarcerated, a 24/7 crisis response line for foster children with psychiatric needs, and multidisciplinary chronic pain management.
Posted to The Playbook on
Key Questions Answered
- What are some new, promising innovations in Medicaid managed care?
- For each initiative, what are the methods, outcomes, and lessons learned?
Level of Evidence
PromisingWhat does this mean?