This resource is a study undertaken to understand the experiences of older adults living in community settings with multiple chronic conditions.
- Common themes for study participants included depending heavily on family caregivers for support, paying high costs, and receiving health care services that do not address their complex needs.
- There is a need for coordination of health and social services that are tailored to the needs of older adults and their informal caregivers.
- Such an approach would facilitate information sharing between health professionals and their patients, and could result in improved health and quality of life for older adults.
Posted to The Playbook on
Key Questions Answered
- What are common themes for older adults living in community settings with multiple chronic conditions?
- What can be done to address the major challenges?
Level of Evidence
PromisingWhat does this mean?