This resource is a slide set outlining a project to adapt the Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers high-utilizer care coordination model to four other sites.
- Enrollment criteria for the Camden program include two or more admissions in six months and medical and/or social comorbidities.
- The four sites adapted rather than replicated the model. For example, one site chose slightly different enrollment criteria based on utilization of health care and insurance status: two or more admissions in six months or three or more in a year, and either uninsured or covered by Medicaid or Medicare.
- Variations in adaptation were driven by environment (e.g., Medicaid program difference), organizational context (e.g., for-profit, hospital), and leadership.
- Outcome indicators at the sites suggest improvement, but no more rigorous evaluation has taken place.
- Next steps include sustainability planning.
Posted to The Playbook on
People with Multiple Chronic Conditions
People with Behavioral Health and Social Needs
Key Questions Answered
- How has the Camden model been adapted to other sites?
Level of Evidence
PromisingWhat does this mean?