- What are common themes for older adults living in community settings with multiple chronic conditions?
- What can be done to address the major challenges?
This resource is a study undertaken to understand the experiences of older adults living in community settings with multiple chronic conditions.
- Common themes for study participants included depending heavily on family caregivers for support, paying high costs, and receiving health care services that do not address their complex needs.
- There is a need for coordination of health and social services that are tailored to the needs of older adults and their informal caregivers.
- Such an approach would facilitate information sharing between health professionals and their patients, and could result in improved health and quality of life for older adults.