- What are the barriers to services faced by older adults from racial and ethnic minorities?
- What are some strategies to overcome them?
This resource identifies challenges faced by older adults from racial and ethnic minorities, and proposes several strategies to address them.
- Older adults from racial and ethnic minorities face persistent health disparities and multiple barriers to accessing services.
- The barriers fall into three categories: patient‐related, clinician‐related, and health system–related.
- The authors recommend implementing culturally and linguistically appropriate services; training all clinicians in culturally competent care; and implementing task shifting and training multiethnic CHWs.